IDE Group Holdings Limited (“we” or “us” or “our”) and our subsidiaries are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is IDE Group Holdings plc of 24 Dublin Street Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 3PP.
Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is our Quality Director, who can be contacted on 0344 874 1000.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website www.idegroup.com (“our website”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes (without limitation) information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include (without limitation) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or the other services we provide. It may also include information received from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will generally use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- keeping records of our customers;
- to update our product offering.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address(es) which you have provided. If you wish to unsubscribe to this service please email email@example.com
Information we receive from other sources
We will usually combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will usually use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if IDE Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Quality Director, who can be contacted on 0344 874 1000 or at idegroup.com/contact.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any changes we make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy should be addressed to our Quality Director, who can be contacted on 0344 874 1000 or idegroup.com/contact.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. By using IDE Group’s website, you agree to allow cookie files to be added to your computer which helps us to analyse web traffic but also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
IDE Group may use the following third party services that relates to cookie use on the IDE Group website:
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics for Display Advertising
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Google Maps
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager
Should you have any questions or concerns with how we utilises cookies then please do not hesitate to contact us.